Friday, June 09, 2006

Why O Why?

As you may have suspected from the note of despair in the title, my life is not very good at the moment. Having GCSEs is fine, about 3000 other people are having them too, and thousands more have already had them. But, how many of them were asked to describe themselves in their English exam? I had one hour to describe my looks, my personality, my emotions...Is it possible to sum yourself up in only two sides of writing?
I thought the whole point of having external examiners was to prevent bias. Having now described myself to the examiner, I am in deep trouble if they don't like the sound of me. However, I hardly think a piece of writing for 27 marks can do justice to anyone, no matter how boring or mundane they are. Sometimes, I wonder if the examiners actually think about the questions when they set them.

No comments: